Call Centre Management
Premiercallcentre.co.uk provides an independent professional telecom service, fully managed to help your needs. We are experts in call handling services. Our staff are based in our UK site and are available to answer your call. We have a proven track record in delivering a whole range of call handling services.
Management in Call Centres
Management in a Call Centre and human organisation or business activity is simply the act of getting people together to accomplish desired goals. Call Centre Management comprises planning, organising, staffing, leading or directing, and controlling an organisation (a group of one or more people or entities) or effort for the purpose of accomplishing a goal. Resourcing encompasses the deployment and manipulation of human resources, financial resources, technological resources, and natural resources.
One can also think of management functionally, as the action of measuring a quantity on a regular basis and of adjusting some initial plan; or as the actions taken to reach one's intended goal. This applies even in situations where planning does not take place. From this perspective, call centre management consists of seven functions:
Towards the end of the 20th century, business management came to consist of six separate branches, namely:
* Human resource management
* Operations management, or production management
* Strategic management
* Marketing management
* Financial management
* Information technology management responsible for management information systems
21st century Management
In the 21st century observers find it increasingly difficult to subdivide management into functional categories in this way. More and more processes simultaneously involve several categories. Instead, one tends to think in terms of the various processes, tasks, and objects subject to management.
Within the business world of Call Centres, one thing that is constantly under debate is how to acquire, retain and support customers.
Management Training their Staff
Self-actualization is the extension of skill through training and development. Training is more than a delivery of ideas and techniques; it needs to inspire people to do things differently back in the office and to have the confidence to try something new and better. A few tips for ensuring inspiring training in your business are:
1. Search widely for your trainers / coachers. It is better to talk to quite a few than make a last-minute panic buy. Seek out those that have a good website and a training offering which fits your needs.
2. Get referrals. Good trainers get a reputation over the years and should be willing to give you the names of current clients who will talk about their style and impact.
3. Meet the trainer before you commit. Too many training companies send an impressive sales person and then a less than impressive trainer arrives on the day! Keep to the ‘what you see is what you get’ principle. Use your gut feel and ask yourself if this person would engage your staff, have credibility and has the gravitas to inspire and encourage.
4. Choose a trainer who understands your business. The easiest way is to choose a trainer with a track record in your sector. However, if you meet a trainer or training company who impresses you but does not have the track record, ask them to spend a day in your business doing research. When the author first trained in call centres she sat for a day with a team on the phones learning about their challenges and talking to managers about the business. The result is that the trainer talks the language of the delegates, understands their issues and has instant credibility in the training room.
5. Get the training tailored. Off-the-shelf training cannot always hit the mark. A good trainer will work with you to tailor content, exercises, role-plays and materials to suit your business. This will ensure that the training feels real and relevant to the delegates.
6. Finally, ensure that the training is paced, practical and pragmatic. ‘Alternative’ can be interesting but it does not necessarily promote change. Training should give people practical techniques, practice to give confidence and a trainer who inspires confidence to give a new approach a try.
Ask premiercallcentre.co.uk to walk you through the training and check everything for the correct criteria.
Are you looking for an 'Award Winning' Call Centre?
Premier Call Centre are able to take your calls efficiently and professionally helping your Business, or Organisation run as smoothly and cost effectively as possible. Call us today on 0871 875 7000 for a FREE no obligation quote.
UK Contact Centre
Our service standards are not only second to none, but we can also save you significant time as well as money. Our Call Centre can work out far cheaper for you to employ us to support your calls than employ your own team of staff. Call Premiercallcentre.co.uk today!