Security is the degree of protection against danger, loss, and criminals. Individuals or actions that encroach upon the condition of protection are responsible for a "breach of security.
- A condition that results from the establishment and maintenance of protective measures that ensures a state of inviolability from hostile acts or influences.
- With respect to classified matter, the condition that prevents unauthorized persons from having access to official information that is safeguarded in the interests of national security.
- Measures taken by a military unit, an activity or installation to protect itself against all acts designed to, or which may, impair its effectiveness.
Security has to be compared and contrasted with other related concepts: Safety, continuity, reliability. The key difference between security and reliability is that security must take into account the actions of people attempting to cause destruction.
Download Our Brochure
Perceived Security Compared to Real Security
It is very often true that people's perception of security is not directly related to actual security. For example, a fear of flying is much more common than a fear of driving; however, driving is generally a much more dangerous form of transport.
The tool may be mistaken for the effect, for example when multiple computer security programs interfere with each other, the user assumes the computer is secure when actual security has vanished.
It is important, however, for signs advertising security not to give clues as to how to subvert that security, for example in the case where a home burglar might be more likely to break into a certain home if he or she is able to learn beforehand which company makes its security system.
There is an immense literature on the analysis and categorization of security. Part of the reason for this is that, in most security systems, the "weakest link in the chain" is the most important. The situation is asymmetric since the defender must cover all points of attack while the attacker need only identify a single weak point upon which to concentrate.
Types of Security
* Application security
* Computing security
* Data security
* Information security
* Network security
* Airport security
* Port security/Supply chain security
* Food security
* Home security
* Physical security
* Shopping centre security
* Infrastructure security
* Homeland security
* Human security
* International security
* National security
* Public security
* Financial security
Different Fields of Security
* Assurance - assurance is the level of guarantee that a security system will behave as expected
* Countermeasure - a countermeasure is a way to stop a threat from triggering a risk event
* Defense in depth - never rely on one single security measure alone
* Exploit - a vulnerability that has been triggered by a threat - a risk of 1.0 (100%)
* Risk - a risk is a possible event which could cause a loss
* Threat - a threat is a method of triggering a risk event that is dangerous
* Vulnerability - a weakness in a target that can potentially be exploited by a threat
Security management in organizations
In the corporate world, various aspects of security were historically addressed separately - notably by distinct and often non-communicating departments for PCI security, physical security, and fraud prevention. Today there is a greater recognition of the interconnected nature of security requirements, an approach variously known as holistic security, "all hazards" management, and other terms.
At premiercallcentre.co.uk we cover all aspects of security. Our office is a centralized and used for the purpose of security for all business types. We work as an advisor to customers to support and advise them on any security solutions.
Are you looking for an 'Award Winning' Call Centre?
Premier Call Centre are able to take your calls efficiently and professionally helping your Business, or Organisation run as smoothly and cost effectively as possible. Call us today on 0871 875 7000 for a FREE no obligation quote.
UK Contact Centre
Our service standards are not only second to none, but we can also save you significant time as well as money. Our Call Centre can work out far cheaper for you to employ us to support your calls than employ your own team of staff. Call Premiercallcentre.co.uk today!